Monday, June 20, 2011

Would a drought be too much to ask for?

Here is a fun fact. Last year on BGR, I believe the 13th shoot was supposed to be the cemetery zombie shoot. The rain preempted that shoot. This past Friday was supposed to be our 13th shoot, and we got stopped by rain. Would a little northern NJ drought be too much to ask for? I can deal with the heat. But the rain has just got to stop. At least when we are filming outdoors. 

But even though the rain kept us from shooting on Friday, we had an incredibly good shoot on Wednesday. We had the great fortune to be able to shoot at my barbershop (Frank's Barber Shop, 884 Broadway, Bayonne, NJ) and we knocked out a great shoot in 2 hours!!! We had trouble casting the zombie for this scene (we cast two amazing people but they had to drop out for valid reasons well before the shoot), but we did get the great Augie Caamano to (finally) be a zombie for us. He did a great job, and even had his wife and baby watching. I was a little nervous about having a baby on set. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but its hard enough getting a cast and crew quiet on set sometimes. Amazingly, Augie's son was incredible for us. He was quiet the whole time.

Anyways, pictures from that shoot are below. I would show pictures from Friday's non-shoot but I don't feel like showing pictures of me weeping. Just kidding...no one was taking pictures as I sobbed. 

Before those pictures, however, I would like to direct your attention to the below photo. If you donate (or donated) $50 or more to www.indiegogo.com/red-scare you will be receiving an autographed copy of it very shortly. It's a really great picture of some really great people... and Bobby Lise. =) Give what you can. Share the link with people. Etc. etc. etc.

Photos from Day 12: 


















Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
Red Scare

No comments:

Post a Comment