Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In this movie, there really are zombies!!!!!!

One of the things about "Blaming George Romero," that people didn't really know until they saw the movie was that it isn't really a zombie movie. There are zombies in some parts of the movie, but it isn't a zombie movie. That was one of the points of the movie, but I can understand if anyone was expecting zombies how they might be disappointed. 

"Red Scare," however, is a zombie movie (although we lean towards the funny over the scares). In the pictures below, you will see yesterday's gathering of zombies. It was our largest zombie day yet, but it isn't the largest zombie day of the entire shoot. 

This time around, Loarina has been doing all of the zombie makeup (with the exception of Aaron's Pieter as he prefers doing it himself) and she has been getting better every time. The results are below. 

In the script for Red Scare, I wrote one child zombie into the movie. You don't often see child zombies, so I thought it would be a little bit original. Then, some of our donors asked if they could bring their kids to also participate. They seemed excited, and we need the bodies, so I agreed. And the kids have a blast! They get to put on makeup and act like a monster. It's cool, it's fun, I get that... On the other hand, when you think about a kid zombie, you really just have a dead kid, which I find profoundly disturbing. I'm not saying we're going to censor ourselves, or anything like that. It's a movie... Zombies aren't dead kids, because zombies don't exist. But if you follow the line of thinking like I did for the first time yesterday, I wouldn't blame you if you get weirded out a bit. But! The kids are alive, and they have fun, which is what it's all about. 

I gotta thank all of our zombies from yesterday that came on set, and were incredibly patient as we set up our shots. I know its not always easy to wait around, but everyone was really great about it. So, big thanks for that. 

More to come, more to come... 

Stay tuned!

Sam 
Actor, Writer, Producer
Red Scare

















No comments:

Post a Comment