Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lightning in a Bottle... Moving right along!

The more I think about it, the more I feel like we captured lightning in a bottle with Red Scare. An extraordinary cast, crew, orchestra, score, screenplay... Everything just went better than I could have possibly imagined, and the end result is something that I actually enjoy watching... More than just as a film I worked on, but as a film itself. I am immensely proud of what we accomplished, and the reviews that I have heard have been overwhelmingly positive. 

It's not done yet, however. I am now beginning to submit to film festivals throughout the world! Below you will see pictures indicating which festivals I have submitted to already (some pics are from last year's festivals, but you get the idea). Some you will recognize, others you won't. This is just the beginning of our film festival submission. There are plenty of other festivals to submit to that haven't begun accepting submissions yet. 

Now, in full honesty, film festivals cost money to enter. Some cost a good deal of money to enter. The screening on 1/12/12 brought in some money to help us break even on the overall cost of production, but not nearly enough to enter all of the festivals I would like to. One of our executive producers, Joe Shediak, was generous enough to donate again to help with the cost of a good many of these festivals and I am extremely grateful for that. 

If you would like to help sponsor a festival (or two, or three, or twenty), email me at RedScareMovie@Gmail.com. A minimum donation of $25 will get you a copy of Red Scare on DVD (with deleted scenes) and it will really be helping us to have Red Scare seen all over the world. You can, of course, donate more than that. Alternatively, you can help us spread the word to other people. Get new people to donate and receive a copy of the movie as a gift. And, heck, you can even write to the festivals (the ones below and any others you can think of). Tell them that you think Red Scare should screen at their festivals. Tell them why. If you saw the screening on 1/12/12, tell them you saw a Preview screening for Friends, Family, Cast, Crew, and Donors. Help me make people want to see Red Scare. I don't think anyone will be disappointed when they do.

That is all for now.

Stay tuned!

Sam Platizky
Actor, Writer, Producer
Red Scare





















No comments:

Post a Comment