Friday, November 18, 2011

One Crisis Averted... How many more to go?

It is an awful thing, but I am usually thinking that whatever can go wrong will probably go wrong. So, it should come as little surprise that earlier this week the place I thought we had to record the orchestra? We didn't have it anymore.

I was in full-on panic mode. There were times when I thought, will we actually be able to finish this movie? We already gave the musicians a set of dates... would we be able to reschedule them if worse came to worse?

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about the answer to that question, because this morning we found our replacement space, and it looks like everything should work out (so it will be fun to see what goes wrong next).

Big thanks to Temple Beth Am in Bayonne, NJ for agreeing to let us use their space to record the score for Red Scare. That means special thanks to Rabbi Gordon Gladstone, President of the Temple Don Miller, and his wife Sue for helping us in our time of need.

I also gotta thank everyone who reached out to me this week to try and offer suggestions and possibilities (and who I reached out to as well): Miriam Cortez, Julio Rodriguez, Matt Hojnacki, Donna Connolly, Min Kim, Dennis Degnan, Tim Craig, Melissa Welz, Christina Garced, Dr. Patricia McGeehan, and Leo Smith.

Who knows what will happen next, but right now, we are back on track with Red Scare. And that is a wonderful feeling.

I have also been talking with Frank's Theatre in Bayonne about the first Red Scare screening, and everything looks good there. I will have more information on that soon, but keep your first two weeks of January open, because that is what it looks like for us.

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving and...

Stay Tuned!

Sam Platizky
Actor, Writer, Producer
Red Scare

No comments:

Post a Comment