Monday, July 11, 2011

Raw Meat, Apple Pies, and Sunburn... Oh My!

Shooting in the summer is good for a few reasons. We have the use of our DP, Sean, who otherwise would be at school. My work schedule is lightened during the summer as well. One of the not-so-great things about shooting in the summer is the heat. Yesterday was incredibly hot out, unless you were in the shade. From 11am-5:30pm, we shot in the sun. We took a few breaks in the shade, but not enough. 

And so, as I write this my face is much redder than usual, despite the use of sun block. Added to that, I had raw meat thrown at me (all as part of the shoot), which was probably the most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me on film. 
In the end, though, it was worth it. We got an amazing day of footage. Everything looks fantastic. We hired the amazing fight choreographers of "Half Assed Fight Choreographers" to work on a fight scene and they did an excellent job of that. We had our largest group of zombies yet, and that scene went really well. Added to that our cast & crew were magnificent as always. 

It was really a day where the benefits outweighed anything bad. Below are some pictures. 

Til next time! 

Stay tuned! 

Sam 
Actor, Writer, Producer
Red Scare





















No comments:

Post a Comment