Monday, May 23, 2011

The Start of Something New

Well, here we are. A little less than a year ago (June 14th, 2010), my amazing cast and crew and I started production on "Blaming George Romero." Now, here we are ready to start a new film. It is exciting, it is nerve wracking, I can't think of much I'd rather be doing. Today is the first official day of shooting; although it is an exterior shoot, and the weather may not be with us. If we don't shoot today, we will have to reschedule... But today is the day we have decided to start. Now that we are starting up production, I remember how stressful dealing with the weather was during last year's shoot. Having to make the decision whether or not to go ahead when there is a 30% chance of rain... a 40% chance... Last year there were times it didn't rain and there was a 70% chance of rain. Other days had a 10% chance of rain, and we were rained out. You never know... and I am still beating myself up over one day where we thought we were rained out, so we stopped early and it didn't rain anymore after we packed up. 

But ahead we will go. You may not be able to help us with the weather, but you can still help us with a donation. www.indiegogo.com/red-scare. As little as $15 would help us out, and I guarantee that you will enjoy this movie. 

I have a few new pictures for you. First, we have some more character one-sheets courtesy of Sean Feuer.

 



Next we have some building! Tony Pineiro constructed dimmers for all of our lights. They are pretty cool. I volunteered to test them out, and I didn't get electrocuted! Huzzah! 


One of my regrets on BGR was that we had no real moving shots. We wanted to, but we never did. This time, we will. We made two dollies. One free moving, and one track dolly. We still have work to do, but they are coming together nicely. These were made by Tony Pinero, Tony's dad (who stepped in to help us weld), Joey Mosca, Matt Hojnacki, Dave Cruz, Bill Dautrick, and myself. (They did way more than I did.) 





One of the things that I never really liked about BGR was the outdoor lights. We either had to plug in from someone's house, or if we were on a location away from houses, we had to use generators. I hated the generators. They were heavy, loud, and transporting them was a pain in the ass. Luckily, for this movie, Joey suggested these two spotlights. They are mega powerful, but with a diffusion on them, they are as good as any outdoor lights I have seen... Plus, no noise, no gasoline, no problem to transport. 
  

 



Finally, we made a kite. Yes, we made a kite. Don't ask why. It plays a role in the movie, and we didn't like any of our purchasing options. 

 

 That's all for now. As we start up production, there will be more blogs with more pictures and updates. Until then.




 Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
Red Scare

No comments:

Post a Comment