Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some cool stuff...


I am a lucky man. I really am.. I get to do what I love to do, and I get to work with some amazingly talented people. Seriously. Not only talented actors, crew, musicians.  If I even got to work with one of those talented folk, I would consider myself blessed. 

I get to work with some great artists too. Back in April of last year, Deirdre Hughes held a photo session for the cast of Red Scare and whipped up an amazing poster for us. I have a copy of it hanging in my room. Later, in May of last year, Sean Feuer took a group shot of the main cast that we used for an indiegogo perk. Both amazing images are on the DVD of Red Scare which you may purchase for a donation of $20. And I have repeatedly said how much I love the work that Lisa Schwichtenberg did on the Red Scare Mighty Muggs. 

But there was one thing more that I wanted. One thing that I felt would be perfect for Red Scare. There is a painter named Drew Struzan. You have seen his work. He did the posters for the Star Wars movies, Indiana Jones movies, Back to the Future, and more. He is amazing. So, I wanted a Drew Struzan-esque poster for Red Scare. And now I am getting one. 

Cut to: One of our actors in Red Scare is Steven Defendini. He plays one of the preppy gang. He is an artist. I have seen his work over the years, and I have been a fan and I have bothered him relentlessly to work on something for me. And now, he is. 

Just in time for our Film Festival Premiere, Steve has worked some magic, and designed the poster you see above. Next, he will paint it.  I love the composition and detail of the poster. It is really quite something and I think it captures the spirit of the movie too. 

I am really excited. Steve did an amazing job, and I can't wait to see the finished product. Below are some sketches that he did. 






No comments:

Post a Comment